Docent Training is ongoing!
To sign up contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 681-7216.
To download a copy of our Volunteer Application click here GVHS Volunteer Application.
Ranch Hosts provide a warm welcome to guests visiting the Rancho La Patera Visitor’s Center, open Saturday and Sunday from 1 – 4:00 pm.
– training requires a one hour orientation to learn about GVHS museums, events, and store procedures
Seasonal Ranch Hands
Seasonal Ranch Hands help with behind-the-scenes preparation and staging, as well as support during events. Orientation, training, and time commitments are specific for each occasion. A fun-loving, great attitude is the only requirement!
Ranch Hands help organize, preserve, and protect the collections, and get to discover the hidden treasures stored in nooks and crannies, closets, files, and photos albums. Orientation, training, and time commitments are specific for each project.
– arrange displays in Stow House
– catalog collections
– organization & storage of collections
– data entry and administrative support
– restoration and repair projects: machinery – buildings – artifacts
Ranch Docents lead educational tours of Stow House and the History Education Center, bringing history alive to guests of all ages.
– attend 4 training sessions that are one and a half hours long
– shadow a seasoned docent four times
Wranglers guide and assist children in the Pioneer Days Program. Displays and stations provide a hands-on experience of ranch life, and introduce history as relevant and interesting to the next generation!
– training requires a thirty-minute orientation for volunteers before the students arrive